Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Last Transfer Call!

Famiglia Mia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On Saturday there was a service project a Roma, near where the temple is being built. We got to drive there, the temple is in the coolest spot ever! As you come out from under a bridge it is just right there, in front of you, so pretty! Anyway, at the service project we sanded benches and varnished them. They also started to build a fence around a little area, especially for dogs so they could have a space just for them and poop in a localized location instead of all over the park.:) However, during our service many of the dog owners complained about the fence, so they had a 3 hour debate about it, oh I just love Italy and Italians! In the end they built the fence, but they lost a lot of time, so they finished in a hurry and it was a tad rickety. Well, while doing this fun service we got transfer calls! I was sure that Sorella Buckley and I were going to train in Ladispoli together. However, that is not what happened. I am going to remain in Ladispoli with Sorella Piccirillo!!!!! I am soooooooooooooo excited! I already know her from Puglia. She is Italian! Yay! My first a native companion will be my last:) I need this, because my Italian is a tad shakey, like the fence and Sorella Piccirillo is a hard worker and we need to see some miracles in this my last transfer!
We had a family home evening with an investigator from English Course and a member family. We talked about suffering. There is a talk, which I will send with this email, that is really insightful and helps us to understand the nature of why we need to suffer. This family has been going through a really hard time. They told me that when their other children went on missions they were just having blessing left and right. This year, while their youngest daughter is on her mission, they have just been bombarded with trials. Interesting... They said it is incredible how these trials though are helping them to become even stronger in faith and closer to each other and to the Lord. I love that. I have spent a year and a half, almost, talking to people without hope or faith, they say that because there is so much bad, so many hardships they cannot believe in God. Why do they do that, why at the moment when they have the opprotunity to grow so close to him they turn away. I met a woman on the Metro the other day that said she was athiest, that she lost too many loved ones and had too many difficulties to even think that God could be. I bore my testimony to her about learning and growing through trials and God's love and there was just this sweet spirit, there on that dirty, packed tram car. I know that God loves us, I know that he exists and that we are his children and so being have an heir to his divinity! I know it and it is the most liberating knowlegde, for it frees me from getting discouraged, it frees me from the ties of temptation and succombing to it, it frees me from the desire to turn away when things get hard.
Antonio came to church!!! And he, finally, wants to meet with us! We have an appointment with him tonight. He really has had a ton of trials right when he started getting serious about the church. It is a testimony of how much the adversary does not want these people to have blessing in their lives and for them to be a real force for good in the world.
Thanks for all you do!
I love you all so much!
Love,
Sorella Comollo 

No comments:

Post a Comment