Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Prayer

Ciao Famiglia!
Oh conference, oh how lovely. One of my favorite talks was the one by President Monson, about truth. This is what people are looking for and they think that it cannot be found, oh they are wrong. His answer for finding truth was to follow the commandments, to act, to put it in practice. It is true! Just like what it says in John 7:17, if we want to see if something is right we have to test it and act upon it. This reminds me of an experience we had yesterday. I do not know if I already told you about Elena, she is a less active. Her husband is not a member and is very anti to the church and religion in general. She had to struggle for years in order to get permission for her two kids to get baptized. They finally did last year, but shortly thereafter she and the kids stopped coming. We have been going to see her at her veteranarian (spelling?) shop. She told us that she just does not feel the need to come and that she can be close to God without going to church, also she said that she decided it was not worth it, for everytime she goes she has to battle with her husband, so she said why not keep the peace with him and not worry about going at all. We talked about prayer last week, specifically family prayer and how we can be an example. Yesterday she was excited to tell us about her experiance. She said usually after we leave her a committment she forgets about it and does not really care. However, that day she could not get the idea of having a family prayer out of her head. So she got up the courage and asked her family. Her husband lauged in her face and tried to persuade the kids to not listen, in the end she prayed just with her daughter, but they did it. And now she wants to do it more and has been trying everyday and she says she feels a strength that she has not felt in a while. She now knows that it is a truth, family prayer, not just because we told her and the prophet told us, but because she was obedient and acted on it and now has come to a knowledge of the joy that comes through prayer, even if things did not go exactly as she had planned. So now my invite, can anyone say family prayer?:)
I also really liked Anziano Bednar's talk. Our bodies are so precious and so important and so miraculous. I know that we are here, in these tabernacles of clay, for a reason. I am so grateful for Grandma and her example of strength. I love her so much and I know that everything happens for a reason.
I am in a dank internet point in Rome, with giant washing machines all around me, with an old guy asking me to marry him or if not to find him a wife, crying because I miss you guys so much and because I am aching to see grandma. I know I am here for a reason, to tell this crazy by my side about his relationship with God and let him know that he really can know him and Jesus Cristo. 
I love you all so much.
Have a good week.
Con amore, 
Sorella Comollo 

No comments:

Post a Comment